Thursday, March 31, 2011

Thank you very much for your encouraging messages!

Since we started the disaster relief activities, we have been receiving many encouraging messages along with donations. We greatly appreciate your support and would like to share some of them here. We have the Japanese translation of these message on our Japanese blog so that disaster victims also can read them. 




------------------



Thank you for your message and for letting me know what efforts you are making in helping those in Northern Japan affected by the earthquake and tsunami. I lived in Japan for 7 years, my husband is Japanese and I have still have a lot of friends and family in Japan. While no one I know was affected by the earthquake and tsunami, my heart has been very heavy since hearing the news on Friday. In addition to my donation, I wish that I could do more. But being so far away in the US, I'm not sure what I can do. If there is anything that I can do from here, please let me know.

Thank you for making a difference.
Please be safe.

------------------

I am glad you received the payment, and that all is up and running for you to help those affected.

I would like for these people and all of Japan not to feel alone. I would like them to know my thoughts are with them, like those of the entire world.

Thank you for the amazing job you do. Keep up the good work.

All the best,

------------------

We just found out my sister-in-law and her family in Sendai were safe. I heard from them that they are short of food. But I cannot send anything from here (because of the limited logistics). I heard so many people are struggling in tough conditions in the North. I just know your organization only through the media, but I really appreciate your food assistance to the affected areas.  

Please, all the staff at Second Harvest, take care of yourself both physically and mentally since I can imagine you guys must be dealing with tough situations. 


------------------

In the midst of radiation worries and aftershocks, you responded very qiuckly. Your action must be such encouragement for the people in the affected areas. I pray for your safety. 

------------------

Please just let them know that they are not alone and that the whole entire world is thinking of them and keeping them in our hearts. As terrible as it is right now, brighter days will surely come.

------------------

If you can share a message, please do! I think it is important for the survivors to know that many people in America (and around the world) are thinking of them.
Every day, I think about the survivors in Miyagi prefecture - of their loss and their spirit and strength to rebuild despite everything they have been through. Americans view Japanese as resilient and strong. I feel this way, too. But I still stop and reflect on what is happening there and say a little prayer for them.
Japan has a special place in my heart as my brother married my wonderful sister-in-law who is from Tokyo (her family is all fine). I adore her family and had a memorable trip to Japan to attend my brother and sister-in-law's wedding at Meiji Jingu. I also have friends whom we also visited in Hamamatsu. I hope to return to Japan someday.
Thank you for your humanitarian work.
Best,

------------------

If you could relay my support to the affected people, particularly to those who lost a member of their family or friends  and tell them my hope that they will come back to normal life soon.
Best regards,

------------------

All these messages encouraged and inspired us. We will pass these on to the people in the affected areas. Thank you very much for your support! You all make this relief activity possible. 


No comments:

Post a Comment